Pretty Pepper Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into rings
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into rings
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into rings
- 1 medium red onion, cut into rings
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the peppers, onion, artichokes and olives. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over pepper mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 113 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 30, 2011
Not only pretty, but delicious and tasty. I've made it often this summer and have added other veggies such as celery and black olives.
Jul 26, 2010
I would make this again, but add an orange pepper instead using 2 green peppers. I also drained the artichokes, saving the marinade to use as part of the oil for the dressing.