Pretty Peach Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup peach nectar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar, optional
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Place raspberries in a blender; cover and process until blended. Strain and discard seeds. Cover and refrigerate puree. Place peaches and lemon juice in the blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; stir in the nectar, yogurt, sugar if desired and extract. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
- To garnish as shown in the photo, drizzle 1 tablespoon raspberry puree in a 3 in. circle on top of each serving. Use a toothpick to draw six lines toward the center of circle, forming a flower.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 129 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Feb 25, 2013
If you like peaches, you will like this cool soup. I have made this several times with slight changes each time...sub plain yogurt for lemon, use peach frozen concentrate rather then peach nectar and also omit the almond extract/ use less...yummy each time!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.