Pretty Peach Kuchen
This pretty kuchen makes an eye-appealing first impression and a tasty second impression. I usually make this with fresh peaches, but other fruits work well too, such as blueberries and sliced apples.—Angela Lott, Neshanic Station, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1/2 cup peach or apricot preserves
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and lemon peel; beat well. Gradually add flour, beating just until mixture forms a ball. Flatten into a 6-inch disk. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Arrange peach slices over crust to within 1 inch of edges. Microwave preserves for 30 seconds; brush over peaches. Bake 10 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Using parchment paper, slide kuchen onto a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 300 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Peach Kuchen in Taste of Home Cookbook Contest 2010/2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.