Pretty Peach Kuchen
This pretty kuchen makes an eye-appealing first impression and a tasty second impression. I usually make this with fresh peaches, but other fruits work well too, such as blueberries and sliced apples.—Angela Lott, Neshanic Station, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1/2 cup peach or apricot preserves
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and lemon zest; beat well. Gradually add flour, beating just until mixture forms a ball. Flatten into a 6-inch disk. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Ib a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, 15-20 minutes.
- Arrange peach slices over crust to within 1 inch of edges. Microwave preserves for 30 seconds; brush over peaches. Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 10 minutes. Using parchment, slide kuchen onto a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 300 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.