Pretty Pea Soup Cups
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt
- CURRIED SHRIMP SALAD:
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped cooked shrimp
- Place the peas, broth, mint, lime juice, cumin and salt in a blender. Cover and process until smooth. Add yogurt; process until blended. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the mint, lime juice, oil, curry paste and salt. Add shrimp; toss gently to coat. Chill until serving.
- To serve, pour soup into small cups or glasses; garnish with shrimp salad.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup soup with 1 tablespoon of shrimp salad: 79 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Chilled Pea Soup Shooters in Soups Trade