Pretty Layered Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 5 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, layer the spinach, bacon, carrot, eggs, romaine, red pepper, croutons and Parmesan cheese. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Serve with salad.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 192 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Jan 1, 2013
Tasted great! Next time I make the dish will use more Parmesan.
Jun 12, 2009
I'm not quite sure WHY you would layer this if you have to toss it with the dressing right away to serve?? I did not layer, only used spinach and didn't add water (doubled the oil)for the dressing. It is a good salad and the dressing works well with it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.