Pretty Ham Primavera Recipe
Give leftover ham a face-lift in this tasty pasta dish that mixes up in a wink. The mild cream sauce gets fresh flavor from sauteed mushrooms and a boost of color from frozen peas. —Joan Laurenzo, Johnstown, Ohio
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, Italian seasoning, bouillon, salt and pepper until smooth.
- 2. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the spaghetti, ham and peas; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 526 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 1755mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Pretty Ham Primavera
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2011
"Have used this recipe for several years now.Most everyone likes this dish. I sometime substitute another vegetable for the peas."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC