- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Over very low heat, stir potatoes 1-2 minutes or until steam has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Press potatoes through a potato ricer or strainer into a large bowl. Stir in the egg yolks, milk, butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Using a pastry bag or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag and a large star tip, pipe potatoes into 6 mounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 158 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.