VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Whipped topping, sliced almonds and fresh mint, optional
- Combine pie filling and extract; set aside. In a large bowl, combine sour cream and milk. Stir in pudding mix; beat on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon half into parfait glasses; top with the pie filling. Repeat with remaining pudding mixture. Garnish with whipped topping, almonds and mint if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Pretty Cherry Parfaits in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p9