When the temperature and humidity rise, this easy, breezy pasta is just the ticket to help you play it cool. —Debbie Verdini, Yardley, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 cups julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the spinach, peppers and garlic in oil until spinach is wilted .
- Drain linguine; toss with spinach mixture, olives, salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 170 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Jul 11, 2016
I doubled the pasta and added zucchini and mushrooms to the peppers and spinach to make up the difference for it to be an entr?e. Added some oregano as well. Turned out FANTASTIC. Will 100% make again. LOVED IT.