- 4 medium green, sweet red, orange and/or yellow peppers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup salsa
- 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
- Cut tops off of peppers and remove seeds. In a large bowl, combine the egg, salsa, chips, onion, cilantro, chili pepper, garlic and cumin. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well; spoon into peppers.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups water into pressure cooker. Place peppers on steamer tray in pressure cooker; top with a piece of foil. Close cover securely according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 10 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat; immediately cool according to manufacturer’s directions until pressure is completely reduced.
- Sprinkle peppers with cheese. Serve with sour cream and additional salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPresto Mexican Peppers
"I enjoyed making this recipe in my electric pressure cooker without having to heat up the oven on a hot summer day. The prep work took the most time. Some of that could have been done ahead of time. Otherwise, this is very easy to prepare. The peppers were quite tasty after adding a little salt and pepper. I made 4 large, satisfying stuffed peppers. I will make this recipe again once the garden begins to bless us with lots of peppers."
"Trying to eat healthier and this definitely fit the bill - healthy and TASTY!!!! I was able to make 5 peppers based on the filling and I substituted ground turkey for lean ground beef. I also did not realize it was a presser cooker recipe, so I place in a greased baking pan and covered with foil and cooked at 400 degrees in the oven for 40-45 min....served with black beans on the side. Will make again!"
"Whole family loved these!! Thanks for sharing!!"
"These are delicious! I don't have a pressure cooker so I steamed them with a collander and large soup pot for 15 in. I also added black beans and corn. Yummy!"
"What a nice variation to the traditional stuffed pepper recipe! Loved the idea (and taste!) of using crushed tortilla chips in the filler. I don't have a pressure cooker, so I boiled the peppers for 5 minutes, stuffed them with the meat mixture, then baked at 350 for an hour (or until internal temp reaches 160). I topped with mexican cheese and sour cream, and they are WONDERFUL!!!"