Pressure-Cooker Turkey with Berry Compote
This delicious dish gives you a way to get all that yummy turkey flavor without heating up the house, and the berries make the perfect summer sauce. For a browner turkey, just broil it for a few minutes before serving. —Margaret Bracher, Robertsdale, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min. + releasing
Makes12 servings (3-1/4 cups compote)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (2 pounds each)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Mix salt, garlic powder, thyme and pepper; rub over turkey breasts. Place in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Pour water around turkey. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 30 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. A thermometer inserted in turkey breasts should read at least 165°.
- Remove turkey and cooking juices from pressure cooker; tent with foil. Let stand before slicing.
- Select the saute setting and adjust for low heat. Add compote ingredients; simmer, uncovered, until mixture
- is slightly thickened and apples are tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve turkey with compote.
Test Kitchen tip