VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-3/4 pounds peeled turnips, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 12 ounces fresh turnip greens
- 8 ounces fully cooked country ham or 2 smoked ham hocks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) chicken broth
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine all ingredients. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- If using ham hocks, remove meat from bones when cool enough to handle; cut ham into small pieces, and return to pressure cooker. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Truly Tasty Turnip Greens in One Pot Instant Pot Winter 2017