Pressure Cooker Sweet Onion and Cherry Pork Chops
When I want to jump-start supper, I opt for these tender pork chops. The sweet and savory cherry sauce makes this recipe a keeper. Try serving it with wild rice pilaf. —Stephanie Ray, Naples, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first 6 ingredients; top with pork chops. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in pork should read at least 145°. Press cancel.
- Remove pork to a serving platter; keep warm. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with pork.