Pressure Cooker Sweet and Sour Brisket
Here’s one dish that never gets old in our house. Tender and juicy, with a great sweet and sour twist. We’d eat it every night if we could! —Jolie Albertazzie, Moreno Valley, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, raisins, brown sugar, lemon juice and garlic. Pour half into a 6-qt. pressure cooker.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. Transfer to pressure cooker. Top with remaining tomato mixture. Lock lid in place; select MANUAL and adjust pressure to HIGH and time to 1-1/4 hours. When finished cooking, naturally release pressure for 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove brisket to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve with tomato mixture.
Test Kitchen tips