Pressure Cooker Sweet and Sour Brisket
Here’s one dish that never gets old in our house. Tender and juicy, with a great sweet and sour twist. We’d eat it every night if we could! —Jolie Albertazzie, Moreno Valley, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, raisins, brown sugar, lemon juice and garlic. Pour half into a 6-qt. pressure cooker.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. Transfer to pressure cooker. Top with remaining tomato mixture. Lock lid in place; select MANUAL and adjust pressure to HIGH and time to 1-1/4 hours. When finished cooking, naturally release pressure for 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove brisket to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve with tomato mixture.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked beef with 1/3 cup sauce: 247 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Brisket in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.