Pressure-Cooker Steamed Mussels with Peppers
Here's a worthy way to use your one-pot cooker. Serve French bread along with the mussels to soak up the deliciously seasoned broth. If you like your food spicy, add the jalapeno seeds.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds fresh mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional clam juice
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- French bread baguette, sliced, optional
- 1. Tap mussels; discard any that do not close. Set aside. Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add oil. When oil is hot, cook and stir jalapeno until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Press cancel. Stir in mussels, clam juice, wine, red pepper, green onions, oregano and bay leaf. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high 2 minutes. Quick-release pressure.
- 2. Discard bay leaf and any unopened mussels. Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper. If desired, serve with baguette slices.
12 mussels: 293 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 931mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC