Pressure-Cooker Steamed Mussels with Peppers
Here's a great way to use your one-pot cooker. Serve French bread along with the mussels to soak up the deliciously seasoned broth. If you like your food spicy, add the jalapeno seeds.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 2 pounds fresh mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional clam juice
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- French bread baguette, sliced, optional
- Tap mussels; discard any that do not close. Set aside. Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add oil. When oil is hot, cook and stir jalapeno until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Press cancel. Stir in mussels, clam juice, wine, red pepper, green onions, oregano and bay leaf. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high 2 minutes. Quick-release pressure.
- Discard bay leaf and any unopened mussels. Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper. If desired, serve with baguette slices.
Nutrition Facts12 mussels: 293 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 931mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Steamed Mussels with Peppers in Skinny Instant Pot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.