Pressure-Cooker Spicy Sausage and Blue Cheese Peppers
I had an old pressure cooker I inherited from my aunt before I was married many years ago. These pressure-cooker stuffed bell peppers are quick and easy, and make a delicious meal.—Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 4 large sweet bell peppers
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup beef broth
- Cut tops from peppers and remove seeds. Finely chop enough tops to measure 1/4 cup for filling.
- Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; adjust for medium heat. Cook sausage, green onions, chopped peppers and garlic until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 6-8 minutes, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Press cancel.
- Return to pressure cooker. Stir in rice, pasta sauce, oregano, salt and pepper. Gently stir in blue cheese. Fill peppers with sausage mixture. Wipe pressure cooker clean.
- Place trivet insert and broth in pressure cooker; place peppers on trivet. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 7 minutes. Quick-release pressure.