Pressure Cooker Spicy Lemon Chicken
I took a favorite recipe and modified it to work in a pressure cooker. We enjoy this tender lemony chicken with rice or buttered noodles. —Nancy Rambo, Riverside, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + releasing
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, chili powder and paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each )
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a greased 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the onion, water, lemon juice, oil and seasonings. Add chicken; turn to coat. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual; adjust pressure to high and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. A thermometer inserted in the chicken breasts should read at least 170?. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Select saute and adjust for high heat; bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or sauce is until thickened. Serve with chicken over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- TC: For the salt amount start with lower amount and adjust. Record correct amount needed.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 190 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Lemon Chicken in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow