Pressure-Cooker Sausage & Waffle Bake
Here's an easy dish guaranteed to create excitement at the breakfast table! Nothing is missing from this sweet and savory combination. It's so wrong, it's right! —Courtney Lentz, Boston, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound bulk spicy breakfast pork sausage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 5 frozen waffles, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; adjust for medium heat. Cook sausage until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Add sage and fennel. Press cancel. Place waffles in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with sausage mixture. In a bowl, mix eggs, cream, syrup and seasonings. Pour over sausage and waffles; top with cheese. Cover baking dish with foil. Wipe pressure cooker clean.
- Place trivet insert and 1 cup water in pressure cooker. Fold an 18x12-in. piece of foil lengthwise into thirds, making a sling. Use the sling to lower the dish onto the trivet. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 20 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Using foil sling, carefully remove baking dish. Serve with additional maple syrup.