Pressure-Cooker Sausage & Waffle Bake
Here's an easy dish guaranteed to create excitement at the breakfast table! Nothing is missing from this sweet and savory combination. It's so wrong, it's right! —Courtney Lentz, Boston, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min. + releasing
- 1 pound bulk spicy breakfast pork sausage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 5 frozen waffles, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional maple syrup
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for normal heat. Cook and crumble sausage; drain fat. Add sage and fennel. Place waffles in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with sausage. Wipe pressure cooker clean. Pour in 1 cup water.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, cream, syrup and seasonings. Pour over sausage and waffles. Top with cheese. Cover baking dish with foil; place on a trivet with handles. Lower into pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed.
- Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 20 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes and then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Serve with additional maple syrup.