Pressure Cooker Risotto with Shrimp and Asparagus Recipe
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2/3 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, select saute setting and adjust for high heat; warm butter until melted. Add onion; cook 4-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add rice; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup wine; cook and stir until absorbed. Add remaining wine, broth and 1/4 cup cheese. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high. Set the time for 8 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions; stir.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 5 minutes. Add butter and dressing; stir until butter melts. Reduce heat. Add asparagus; cook until tender, 3-5 minutes. Serve over risotto. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 8 servings
Reviews forPressure Cooker Risotto with Shrimp and Asparagus
"Will be making this again! Maybe I'll try it with chicken next time. Forgot to get the shredded parmesan, so I used the Mexican 5 cheese. Yummy!"
"This was amazing. I’ve tried a different version of this recipe without the pressure cooker before, and the risotto was so time consuming. Using the pressure cooker makes this recipe perfect for a delicious weeknight meal. I’m keeping this one."