VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 12 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas (about 6 ounces)
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
- Select saute setting and adjust for high heat in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add tomato paste; cook and stir until meat is coated, 1-2 minutes. Stir in next five ingredients; pour in water. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to low and set time for 6 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Stir in cream; heat through. Top with cheese and, if desired, fresh basil. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Easy Rigatoni with Sausage & Peas in Slow Cooker 2017 2017, p237