VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 ounces hot cooked linguine, drained
- Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat, in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Heat oil. Add onion; saute until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in next eight ingredients. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 3 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Discard bay leaf. Serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Red Clam Sauce in One Pot Instant Pot Winter 2017