Pressure-Cooker Raisin Nut Oatmeal
There’s no better feeling than starting off the day with a great breakfast. I love that the oats, fruit and spices in this homey meal cook together on their own. —Valerie Sauber, Adelanto, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 5 min. + releasing
- 3 cups vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first 7 ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Press cancel.
- Stir in apple. Let stand 10 minutes before serving (oatmeal will thicken upon standing). Spoon oatmeal into bowls; sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 272 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Overnight Raisin-Nut Oatmeal in Skinny Instant Pot