Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
There's nothing like a bowl of warm oatmeal in the morning, and my spiced version works in a pressure cooker. Store leftovers in the fridge. —Jordan Mason, Brookville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups steel-cut oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- Optional toppings: toasted chopped pecans, ground cinnamon, additional brown sugar and 2% milk
- Stir together first seven ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 10 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Stir in pumpkin; let stand 5-10 minutes to thicken. Serve with toppings as desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteSteel-cut oats are also known as Scotch oats or Irish oatmeal.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 208 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oatmeal in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.