Pressure-Cooker Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups steel-cut oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- Optional toppings: toasted chopped pecans, ground cinnamon, additional brown sugar and 2% milk
- Stir together first seven ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Stir in pumpkin; let stand 5-10 minutes to thicken. Serve with toppings as desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteSteel-cut oats are also known as Scotch oats or Irish oatmeal.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 208 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 13, 2020
Pretty sure I did everything right, except that I have an 8-qt pressure cooker (I don't plan on getting a 6-qt. All I got was a burn. I've added more milk, and it hasn't changed. Should that matter with the size of the instant pot?
Dec 3, 2017
great to warm up at work, for that travel breakfast