Pressure-Cooker Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
There's nothing like a bowl of warm oatmeal in the morning, and my spiced version works in a pressure cooker. Store leftovers in the fridge. —Jordan Mason, Brookville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups steel-cut oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- Optional toppings: toasted chopped pecans, ground cinnamon, additional brown sugar and 2% milk
- Stir together first seven ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Stir in pumpkin; let stand 5-10 minutes to thicken. Serve with toppings as desired.
Test Kitchen tips