There's nothing like a bowl of warm oatmeal in the morning, and my spiced version works in a pressure cooker. Store leftovers in the fridge. —Jordan Mason, Brookville, Pennsylvania
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/4 cups steel-cut oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- Optional toppings: toasted chopped pecans, ground cinnamon, additional brown sugar and 2% milk
- Stir together all ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 10 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Stir; let stand 5-10 minutes to thicken. Serve, if desired, with toppings of choice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal in One Pot Instant Pot Winter 2017