Pressure-Cooker Provencal Ham & Bean Soup
There is nothing quite like the wonderful aroma of this soup bubbling away in the pressure cooker. —Lyndsay Wells, Ladysmith, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + soaking Cook: 10 min. + releasing
Makes10 servings (3-1/2 quarts)
- 2 cups assorted dried beans for soup
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (32 ounces) unsalted chicken stock
- French bread
- Rinse and sort beans; soak according to package directions. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid.
- Transfer beans to a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Add tomatoes; crush with a wooden spoon until chunky. Stir in ham, vegetables, garlic, seasonings and stock. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Serve with bread.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 213 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 883mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 9g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Provencal Ham & Bean Soup in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.