Pressure-Cooker Potato-Cheddar Frittata
I like to serve this protein-packed frittata with toasted rustic bread. You can also use your own leftover potatoes instead of the prepackaged potatoes with onions. —Donna-Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Cook: 30 min. + releasing
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 8 large egg whites
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Whisk next 7 ingredients; stir in shredded cheese. Pour egg mixture over potatoes. Loosely cover baking dish with foil.
- Place trivet insert and 1 cup water in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Fold an 18x12-in. piece of foil lengthwise into thirds, making a sling. Use sling to lower dish onto trivet. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure cook on high 30 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. Using foil sling, carefully remove baking dish. Let stand 10 minutes.