Pressure Cooker Potato-Cheddar Frittata
—Donna-Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Cook: 30 min. + releasing
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1 cup water
- 8 large egg whites
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 qt. souffle or round baking dish. Add 1 cup water and trivet insert for a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker.
- Whisk next seven ingredients; stir in shredded cheese. Pour egg mixture over potatoes. Loosely cover baking dish with aluminum foil. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time to 30 minutes.
- After cooking, let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Remove baking dish. Let stand 10 minutes.
Originally published as Meatless Egg Frittata Surprise! in Slow Cooker 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.