VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1 cup water
- 8 large egg whites
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 qt. souffle or round baking dish. Add 1 cup water and trivet insert for a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker.
- Whisk next seven ingredients; stir in shredded cheese. Pour egg mixture over potatoes. Loosely cover baking dish with aluminum foil. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time to 30 minutes.
- After cooking, let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Remove lid and remove baking dish. Let stand 10 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Potato-Cheddar Frittata in Slow Cooker 2017 2017, p242