VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon beef base
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 10 large eggs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Minced chives
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, whisk water and beef base; add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Sprinkle roast with pepper; transfer to pressure cooker. Drizzle with Worcestershire sauce. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 40 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Remove roast; when cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. In a large skillet, cook potatoes according to package directions; stir in shredded beef. Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables from pressure cooker to skillet; heat through. Discard cooking juices.
- For eggs, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat in another large skillet. Break five eggs, one at a time, into pan. Sprinkle with half the salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Cook until eggs reach desired doneness, turning, if desired, after whites are set. Repeat with remaining butter, eggs, salt and pepper. Serve eggs over hash; sprinkle with chives. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Pot Roast Hash in One Pot Instant Pot Winter 2017