VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 13 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 bay leaves, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 cups yellow cornmeal, divided
- 1 cup half-and-half cream, divided
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine 6 cups broth, 1/2 the onion, 1/2 the garlic, 1 bay leaf and 1 teaspoon salt. Select saute setting; bring broth mixture to a simmer. Gradually whisk in 1-1/2 cups cornmeal. Press cancel setting to reset.
- Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select porridge setting, and set time for 8 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 15 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Discard bay leaf.
- Whisk in 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 cup broth, 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until smooth. Repeat to cook remaining ingredients. If desired, serve with additional cheese. Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Polenta in One Pot Instant Pot Winter 2017