To get my son to eat veggies, I mix and match flavors and spices. My carrots with orange and cinnamon won him over. —Christina Addison, Blanchester, Ohio
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds medium carrots or baby carrots, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to low, and set time for 3 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat; bring liquid to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into carrot mixture. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Orange Spice Carrots in One Pot Instant Pot Winter 2017