Pressure-Cooker Mixed Fruit and Pistachio Cake
This cake is easy to make on a lazy day and a guaranteed-delicious dessert for several days, if you can make it last that long. It's wonderful for the fall and even the holidays. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 50 min. + releasing
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit bits
- 1 cup pistachios, chopped
- Optional: Whipped cream and additional chopped pistachios
- Pour 1 cup water into a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine next 7 ingredients. Add cranberry mixture to flour mixture; stir until smooth. Add dried fruit and pistachios.
- Pour batter into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil. Place trivet insert in cooker. Fold an 18x12-in. piece of foil lengthwise into thirds, making a sling. Use sling to lower dish onto trivet. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 50 minutes.
- Allow pressure to naturally release for 15 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. A toothpick inserted in center should come out clean. Remove baking dish to a wire rack. Cool 30 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.
- Cut into wedges with a serrated knife; if desired, serve with whipped cream.