VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (2 pounds each)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 20 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place turkey in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. In a small bowl, combine next six ingredients; pour over turkey. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 25 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Remove turkey from pressure cooker. Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat; bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks; return meat to pressure cooker. Stir to heat through.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Split rolls; brush cut sides with butter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet, cut side up. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture on roll bottoms. Replace tops. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Mini Teriyaki Turkey Sandwiches in One Pot Instant Pot Winter 2017