Pressure Cooker Mango-Pineapple Chicken Tacos
I lived in the Caribbean when I was a child. Every time I make this yummy chicken, the fresh tropical fruits in it transport me back to those happy times.—Lissa Nelson, Provo, Utah
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min. + releasing
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple or canned pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 small Anaheim peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 32 taco shells, warmed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place chicken in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; sprinkle with salt and brown sugar. Top with mango mixture. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 10 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Remove chicken; cool slightly. Strain cooking juices, reserving mango mixture and 1/2 cup juices. Discard remaining juices. When cool enough to handle, remove chicken from bones; discard bones. Shred chicken with two forks.
- Select saute setting and adjust for high heat. Return chicken and reserved mango mixture and cooking juices to pressure cooker; stir to heat through. Serve in taco shells; sprinkle with cilantro.