- 1 package (16 ounces) dried kidney beans (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 1 pound)
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked andouille chicken sausage links or flavor of choice, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Hot cooked rice
- Rinse and sort beans. Soak overnight according to package directions. Drain, discarding water; rinse with cool water.
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine ham, sausage, vegetables, pepper sauce, garlic, salt and enough water to cover (about 4 cups). Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 30 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Serve with rice. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forPressure Cooker Lora's Red Beans & Rice
"Try actual red beans instead of kidney beans. Red beans are a little smaller and, I think, taste a little better in this recipe."
"Having made this recipe, I can say the lack of liquids was probably no mistake (but when to add the beans is definitely missing). I, however, was worried and added tomato sauce and water to be safe. What I ended up with was a watery, soupy mess. After draining most of the liquid, it was still delicious but want to try it to the recipe next time!"
"The recipe doesn't tell you to cook the beans."
"Where are the beans added? And no liquid?"