My dear mother-in-law passed this simple recipe to me. With meats, beans and savory veggies, it's tasty, easy and economical, too! —Carol Simms, Madison, Mississippi
Featured In: 27 Recipes You Can Make In Your Instant Pot
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried kidney beans (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 1 pound)
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked andouille chicken sausage links or flavor of choice, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Hot cooked rice
- Rinse and sort beans. Soak overnight according to package directions. Drain, discarding water; rinse with cool water.
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine ham, sausage, vegetables, pepper sauce, garlic and salt. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 30 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Serve with rice. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Lora's Red Beans & Rice in One Pot Instant Pot Winter 2017
Reviews forPressure Cooker Lora's Red Beans & Rice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2017
"Where are the beans added? And no liquid?"