VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried kidney beans (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 1 pound)
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked andouille chicken sausage links or flavor of choice, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Hot cooked rice
- Rinse and sort beans. Soak overnight according to package directions. Drain, discarding water; rinse with cool water.
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine ham, sausage, vegetables, pepper sauce, garlic and salt. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 30 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Serve with rice. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Lora's Red Beans & Rice in One Pot Instant Pot Winter 2017