Pressure-Cooker Lentil Pumpkin Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (2-1/4 quarts)
- 1 pound medium red potatoes (about 4 medium), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) canned pumpkin
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine first 10 ingredients. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 12 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. If desired, sprinkle servings with cilantro.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 210 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 3, 2018
It was fine. However the time is way off . 12 minutes will produce crunchy lentils. Try 20 minutes and you should be good. Also the total prep/cook time is ridiculous. This doesn’t take into account the 15 minutes it takes to get the pressure cooker up to pressure.
May 8, 2018
I made this recipe exactly as written, and even though I love all the ingredients, it was pretty bland. It needs something, but I haven’t decided what that is. Would love to know what others think.