Pressure Cooker Italian Turkey Breast
This recipe makes some of the most succulent turkey I've ever eaten. High in lean protein, it’s a smart entree for a special occasion. —Jessica Kunz, Springfield, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min. + standing
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds), thawed and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place vegetables and broth in a a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Brush turkey with oil; sprinkle with seasonings. Place over vegetables.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 25 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. A thermometer inserted in turkey breast should read at least 170°. Remove turkey from pressure cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 308 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Moist and Delicious Turkey Breast Roast in Skinny Instant Pot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.