Pressure-Cooker Hawaiian Breakfast Hash
Breakfast is our favorite meal, and we love a wide variety of dishes. This hash brown recipe is full of flavor and possibilities. Top with some eggs or spinach for another twist! —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola or coconut oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; adjust for medium heat. Add bacon; cook and stir until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Add oil to pressure cooker. When oil is hot, brown potatoes in batches. Remove from pressure cooker. Add 1 cup water to pressure cooker. Cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Press cancel. Place steamer basket in pressure cooker.
- Stir pineapple and seasonings into potatoes; transfer to steamer basket. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure cook on high for 2 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Sprinkle with bacon.