VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup water
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Place a third of the potatoes into a greased 1-1/2-qt. souffle or round baking dish; layer with a third each of ham, onion and cheese. Repeat layers twice. Pour egg mixture over top.
- Pour water into pressure cooker. Cover baking dish with foil. Place on a trivet with handles; lower into pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed.
- Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Ham & Cheddar Breakfast Casserole in One Pot Instant Pot Winter 2017