Pressure Cooker Frittata Provencal
This recipe means a delectable dinner is ready shortly after I walk in the door from work. The meatless pressure-cooker meal also makes an elegant brunch for lazy weekend mornings. —Connie Eaton, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 35 min. + releasing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 log (4 ounces) crumbled fresh goat cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; adjust for medium heat and heat oil. Add potato and onion; cook and stir until potato is lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Stir in paprika. Transfer potato mixture to a greased 1-1/2-qt. souffle or baking dish. Wipe pressure cooker clean.
- In a large bowl, whisk next 5 ingredients; stir in 2 ounces cheese. Pour over potato mixture. Top with tomatoes and remaining goat cheese. Cover baking dish with foil. Place trivet insert and 1 cup water in pressure cooker. Fold an 18x12-in. piece of foil lengthwise into thirds, making a sling. Use the sling to lower the dish onto the trivet. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve.
- Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 35 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Using foil sling, carefully remove baking dish. Let stand 10 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 245 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 385mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Frittata Provencal in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow