Pressure Cooker Frittata Provencal
This recipe means a delectable dinner is ready shortly after I walk in the door from work. The meatless pressure-cooker meal also makes an elegant brunch for lazy weekend mornings. —Connie Eaton, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 35 min. + releasing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 log (4 ounces) crumbled fresh goat cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; adjust for medium heat and heat oil. Add potato and onion; cook and stir until potato is lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Stir in paprika. Transfer potato mixture to a greased 1-1/2-qt. souffle or baking dish. Wipe pressure cooker clean.
- In a large bowl, whisk next 5 ingredients; stir in 2 ounces cheese. Pour over potato mixture. Top with tomatoes and remaining goat cheese. Cover baking dish with foil. Place trivet insert and 1 cup water in pressure cooker. Fold an 18x12-in. piece of foil lengthwise into thirds, making a sling. Use the sling to lower the dish onto the trivet. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve.
- Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 35 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Using foil sling, carefully remove baking dish. Let stand 10 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips