- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Sliced French bread
- Place roast on a rack in a pressure cooker; sprinkle with oregano, rosemary, seasoned salt and pepper. Add broth, bay leaf and garlic. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 75 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure according to the manufacturer's direction. Remove beef; shred with two forks. Discard bay leaf and garlic from broth. Serve shredded beef on French bread with broth for dipping. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forPressure Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
"Pretty disappointing with the spice options. Gives it a very unique and unpleasant taste. Meat is fall apart tender of course , but I would not follow this recipe again. I’m going to try making a different Au Jus and see if I can save this vs wasting food. Not recommended"
"Didn't like the herbs and spices in tis"
"Excellent! Followed the recipe as presented and it turned out great! The dipping juices were excellent. The meat was tender. The recipe was very easy to follow!"
"I made this last week. I prepared it exactly by the recipe. Turned out great, super tender. You do end up with alot of dipping broth, enough that you could use it in another recipe it is loaded with flavor. The sauce is also great to use when you reheat the chuck roast. After the broth cools in the refrigerator, just skim off the fat and all you are left with is pure culinary moonshine"
"Use the juices left in the pressure cooker for the dipping broth."
"How do you make the broth for the dip?"
"Try a crock pot. I make country style boneless pork ribs in Woody's cookin sauce that pull apart with a fork this way. UMMM, good!"
"Would love to make this but don't have a pressure cooker. Is there an alternate method?"