Pressure Cooker Curried Pumpkin Risotto
This easy pumpkin risotto tastes like fall and gets a flavor boost from the curry. —Andrea Reaves, Stephens City, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add oil. When oil is hot, cook and stir onion until crisp-tender, 5-7 minutes. Add rice and garlic; cook and stir until rice is coated, 1-2 minutes. Add stock; cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Press cancel.
- Stir in pumpkin, curry powder, rosemary, salt and pepper. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 7 minutes. Quick-release pressure. If desired, serve with additional minced rosemary.
- Slow-cooker option: Heat oil in a 6-qt. slow cooker on high until hot. Add rice; stir to coat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until rice is tender, 3-4 hours, stirring halfway.