- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum, optional
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) French bread
- Yellow mustard, optional
- 16 dill pickle slices
- 1-1/2 pounds thinly sliced deli ham
- 1-1/2 pounds Swiss cheese, sliced
- Cut pork into 2-in. thick pieces; season with salt and pepper. Select saute setting for a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; adjust for high heat. Add oil; working in batches, brown pork on all sides.
- Add orange and lime juices, stirring to scrape browned bits from bottom of cooker. Add garlic; rum, if desired; coriander; white pepper; and cayenne pepper. Return pork and any collected juices to cooker. Lock lid in place; Make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 25 minutes.
- When finished cooking, naturally release pressure for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Remove roast; when cool enough to handle, shred with two forks. Toss meat with 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Cut each loaf of bread in half lengthwise. If desired, spread mustard over cut sides of bread. Layer bottom halves of bread with pickles, pork, ham and cheese. Replace tops. Cut each loaf into eight slices. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forPressure Cooker Cuban Pulled Pork Sandwiches
"This turned out great in my traditional stovetop pressure cooker! A few alterations: I added more liquid following my own pressure cooker instructions. I must say we don't eat a lot of peppery dishes, so I cut the pepper in half and substituted a few jiggers of green sauce for the cayenne pepper. Also, fresh squeezed oranges and limes ;)"