Pressure-Cooker Cranberry Stuffed Apples
Cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts add a homey autumn flavor to these stuffed apples. What a lovely old-fashioned treat! —Graciela Sandvigen, Rochester, New York
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 5 medium apples
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Core apples, leaving bottoms intact. Peel top third of each apple. Place trivet insert and 1 cup water in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Combine cranberries, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg; spoon into apples. Place apples on trivet.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Quick-release pressure. If desired, serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed apple: 142 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Crockpot Cranberry Apples in Skinny Instant Pot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.