Pressure-Cooker Clam Sauce
I serve this bright and fresh clam sauce often, usually with pasta. But it's also delectable as a hot dip for special get-togethers. —Frances Pietsch, Flower Mound, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) whole baby clams
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Hot cooked pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add butter and oil. When hot, cook and stir onion 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Press cancel.
- Drain clams, reserving liquid; coarsely chop. Add clams, reserved clam juice and the next 9 ingredients to pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high 2 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Press cancel.
- Discard bay leaf; stir in parsley. Serve with pasta. If desired, serve with grated Parmesan cheese and additional lemon juice and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 138 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Crock Pot Clam Spread in Skinny Instant Pot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.