Pressure-Cooker Chicken with Olives & Artichokes
My grandmother came from the region around Seville, Spain, where olives and red wine are produced. Those ingredients get starring roles in her scrumptious chicken. —Suzette Zara, Scottsdale, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min. + releasing
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (3 pounds), skin removed if desired
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, garlic salt and pepper. Dip chicken thighs in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for normal heat; add oil. In batches, brown the chicken on all sides.
- Sprinkle garlic, lemon zest, thyme and rosemary over chicken. Top with artichoke hearts, olives and bay leaf. In a bowl, mix orange juice, broth and honey; pour over top. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Remove bay leaf.
- Mix gremolata ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over chicken and artichoke mixture.
Originally published as Chicken with Olives & Artichokes in Cook It Fast
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.