- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine or water
- Hot cooked pasta
- Place onions in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Add the next 11 ingredients. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 15 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Discard bay leaf. Serve chicken with sauce over pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPressure Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
"I thought I followed this recipe exactly but obviously I did something wrong. It was so liquity it was more like tomato soup. Horrible. I won't be making this again."
"How would you adjust for an 8qt IP."