Pressure Cooker Cherry-Almond Oatmeal
If you’re craving a sweet and satisfying breakfast, try my hot cereal. It’s so simple...just place the ingredients in the pressure cooker and then treat yourself to a comforting bowl of goodness.. —Geraldine Saucier, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 12 min. + releasing
- 4 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional vanilla almond milk, optional
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker coated with cooking spray, combine first 6 ingredients. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 12 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions. Serve with additional almond milk if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 276 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Overnight Cherry-Almond Oatmeal in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow