Pressure-Cooker Cherry-Almond Oatmeal
Breakfast doesn't get much easier than when you take advantage of your all-in-one cooker plus some fruit and nuts for a yummy way to start your day. —Geraldine Saucier, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + releasing
- 4 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine all ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Press cancel.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving (oatmeal will thicken upon standing). If desired, serve with additional almond milk.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 296 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cherry Almond Irish Oatmeal in Skinny Instant Pot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.