My tangy, smoky dip won the top prize at our office party recipe contest. Use whatever beer you like, but steer clear of dark varieties. —Ashley Lecker, Green Bay, Wisconsin
Featured In: 30 German Beer Garden Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 18 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Soft pretzel bites
- In a greased 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mustard and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in beer; add bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select saute setting, and adjust for normal heat. Stir in cheese and heavy cream. Cook and stir until mixture has thickened, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with onion and reserved bacon. Serve with pretzel bun bites. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Cheddar Bacon Beer Dip in One Pot Instant Pot Winter 2017